Lead Carpenter / Craftsmen / Craftswoman
DO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS RESONATE WITH YOU?
- Do you create beautiful spaces for people that appreciate your abilities?
- Are you tired of wearing all of the hats in a small business?
- Would you like to leave estimating, selling, and scheduling to others?
- Would you like to feel part of an award-winning team while maintaining your independence?
- Do you love being on-site to run a job and directing tradespeople?
- Do you love the hands-on-work and would prefer to do less of the administrative side?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions AND these are characteristics you possess, we are looking for you!
- You have strong leadership skills – this is not the place for micro managers
- Possess a high degree of emotional intelligence (EQ) – you have awareness of people and know how to interact for results & collaboration
- Details and quality control are second nature to you – some may say you are meticulous
- Ability to anticipate/forecast risk & take appropriate action
- Exceptional planning & organizational abilities
- You hold yourself to high standards
- You are an effective communicator both on & off the job site
- You are able to hold others accountable through leading, coaching & mentoring
- You show up for life with enthusiasm and it comes through to your team inspiring loyalty and confidence
- You likely have an entrepreneurial mindset which allows you to think on your feet and course correct for the best outcome – just because we’ve always done it this way is not how we need to keep doing it
- You enjoy learning as much as transferring knowledge to others – continual quest for knowledge
- You truly enjoy the work that we do and care about the client’s experience
The lead carpenter’s main focus and mission is to provide the necessary craftsmanship, oversight and leadership to produce on time, on budget projects resulting in delighted clients. You create order out of potential chaos, inspire our trade contractors to deliver their best effort every day and communicate value and competence to each and every client.
A summary of key responsibilities:
- Understand blueprint drawings and written specifications as well as other construction paperwork
- Perform rough and finish carpentry to company’s standard of quality according to plans and specifications. This includes the ability to do layout, framing, siding, install cabinets, trim, windows and doors
- Have some experience with drywall
- Being able to do simple repairs in plumbing, electrical and flooring
- Interact with poise & confidence with internal team, Owner, Architects & trade partners
- Able to meet and work the building inspectors
- Ensure jobsite safety, maintain a safe jobsite
- Dust & weather protection and client comfort
Competitive wage & benefits
- Salaries are within top 10% of market ($85-105k plus bonuses based on performance)
- Eligible for profit sharing bonus after 6 months
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical, dental & vision plan with HSA
- Paid vacation (1-3 weeks depending on years of service)
- 2 personal days per year
- Sick leave per WA state
- Company is closed between Christmas & New Years w/pay after 1 year of service
- Cell phone / data stipend monthly
- Leadership coaching that involves the entire company
Email email@example.com and introduce yourself.